- Gradle integration
- XSLT debugger support
- CoffeeScript support
- Velocity 1.7 support
- JSLint / JSHint integration
- Updated HTML5 schema
- Zen Coding 0.7 support
- Android layout preview
- JBoss 7 support
- WebSphere 8 support
- AspectJ support: ITDs on interfaces, configurable aspect path, push-in refactoring, more in progress
- Spring: improved performance for large models, bean dependency diagram (with new features), "Generate @Autowired dependency.." action, etc.
- Spring 3.1 @Configuration contexts, @ComponentScan, @ImportResource, @Profile, @PropertySource.
- Spring Testing: @ContextConfiguration configured with @Configuration array, @ActiveProfile
- Spring Integration: generic support.
- Spring Data (JPA): generic support.
- Play framework support.
- Underlying frameworks support (frameworks libraries - spring, jsf, etc.)
- Grails 2.0.0 (1.4) full support.
- Groovy 1.9 support
- New Groovy intentions: Replace qualified reference with import, Add single-member static import, Add on-demand static import
- Introduce Closure Parameter refactoring for Groovy
PHP, Phing, CommandLineTools, Apache Config support plugins are unbundled and will be available as separate download when IntelliJ IDEA 11 is released.