Changes from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6
No noteworthy changes
Changes from 6.5.4 to 6.5.5
(Known issue infex in 6.5.6) .NET Duplicates finder may stop working, the patch is available, please see this comment: http://youtrack.jetbrains.net/issue/TW-18784#comment=27-261174
Changed settings location
- XML test reporting settings are moved from runner settings into a dedicated build feature.
- "Last finished build" artifact dependency on a build which has snapshot dependency is automatically converted into dedicated "Build from the same chain" source build setting.
Responsibility is renamed to Investigation
A responsibility assigned for a failing build configuration or a test is now called investigation. This is just a terminology change to make the action more neutral.
If you have any email processing rules for TeamCity investigation assignment activity, please check is they need updating to use new text patterns.
REST API Changes
Several objects got additional attributes and sub-elements (e.g. "startDate" in reference to a build, "personal" in a change). Please check that your parsing code still works.
In previous releases, if you have specified build checkout directory explicitly using absolute path, TeamCity would not clean the content of the directory to free space on the disk.
This is no longer the case.
So if you have absolute path specified for the checkout directory and you need the directory to be present on agent for other build or for the machine environment, please set
system.teamcity.build.checkoutDir.expireHoursproperty to "never" and re-run the build. Please take into account that using custom checkout directory is not recommended.
- In earlier TeamCity versions Maven was executed by invoking the 'mvn' shell script. You could specify some parameters in MAVEN_OPTS and some in UI. Maven build runner created its own MAVEN_OPT by concatenating these two (
%MAVEN_OPTS%+jvmArgs). In this case, if some parameter was specified twice - in MAVEN_OPTS and in UI, only the one specified in MAVEN_OPTS was effective. Starting with TeamCity 6.5 Maven runner forms direct java command. While this approach solves many different problems, it also means that MAVEN_OPTS isn't effective anymore and all JVM command line parameters should be specified in build runner settings instead of MAVEN_OPTS.
- Those who had to manually setup surefire XML reporting for Maven release builds in TeamCity 6.0.x because otherwise tests weren't reported, now can forget about that. Since TeamCity 6.5 surefire tests run by release:prepare or release:perform goals are automatically detected. So don't forget to switch surefire XML reporting off in the build configuration settings to avoid double-reporting!
Email sending settings
Please check email sending settings are working correctly after upgrade (via Test connection on Administration > Server Configuration > EMail Notifier). If no authentication is needed, make sure login and password fields are blank. Non-blank fields may cause email sending errors if SMTP server is not expecting authentication requests.
Open API Changes
Several return types have changes in TeamCity open API, so plugins might need recompilation against new TeamCity version to continue working.
Also, some API was deprecated and will be discontinued in later releases. It is recommended to update plugins not to use deprecated API.
See also Open API Changes
Default memory options change
We changed the default memory option for PermGen memory space and if you had
-Xmx JVM option changed to about 1.3G and are running on 32 bit JVM, the server may fail to start with a message like:
Error occurred during initialization of VM Could not reserve enough space for object heap Could not create the Java virtual machine.
On this occasion, please consider either:
- switching to 64 bit JVM. Please consider the note.
- reducing PermGen memory via
-XX:MaxPermSizeJVM option (to previous default 120m)
- reducing heap memory via
Vault Plugin is bundled
In this version we bundled SourceGear Vault VCS plugin (with experimental status). Please make sure to uninstall the plugin from .BuildServer/plugins (just delete plugin's zip) if you installed it previously.
If you used standalone plugins that are now bundled in 5.0, do not forget to remove the plugins from
The newly bundled plugins are:
- Git (JetBrains)
- REST API (was provided with YouTrack previously)
If you use any plugins that are not bundled with TeamCity, please make sure you are using the latest version and it is compatible with the 5.0 release. e.g. You will need the latest version of Groovy plug and other properties-providing extensions.
Pre-5.0 notifier plugins may lack support for per-test and assignment responsibility notifications.
Database Settings Move
Move your database settings from the
<TeamCity installation folder>/ROOT/WEB-INF/buildServerSpring.xml file to the
database.properties file located in the TeamCity configuration data directory (
<TeamCity Data Directory>/config).