- Back to the Welcome Screen, click Create New Project. The good old IntellIJ IDEA New Project wizard apperas. Here you choose to create a new project from scratch:
- All you need is a Java Module with a name that makes sense, located somewhere you can find it later without spending a whole day digging through your entire hard drive, and the src directory that will store your source code:
- On top of that, select Scala on the Select Desired Technologies. By default all the necessary jars will be downloaded automatically, but you also may pick them from an already existing IDEA library or a secret place on your hard drive.
- It's possible to adjust the level of a library you want to create. Select Global or Project from the Level drop-down list.
- If you plan to create other projects that involve this library, select Global - thus you will be able to share the library anywhere on the current machine.
- If you select Project level, then all the jar archives will be included in your project. This makes your project portable between the different computers and independent from the Scala SDK.
Now, when the project is ready, it is advisable to explore its settings. To do that, on the main toolbar, click . In the Project Structure dialog, click Modules, and then select the Dependencies tab: