MySql Procedural-SQL is highlighted with the Oracle highlighter
Identifier resolver still experiences issues and may report invalid references even though they are valid. A major redesign of the identifier-resolver is planned already.
- Connections configurable in scope of project or module
- Persistent mapping between connection/schema and sql scripts
- Connection pooling for concurrent database access and dedicated connectivity (managed internally)
- Silent connectivity restoring in case of database linkage breaks (e.g. idle session timeouts, administrative session kills)
- Virtual connections for deciding the .sql dialect of the mapped file (no real database behind)
- Tree-wise visualization of database connections and hierarchical objects structure
- Contextual popup menu with supported operations on each database entity (e.g. compile, execute, refresh lists)
- Several embedded navigation capabilities via context menu (e.g. from column to its constraints, from synonym to underlying object)
- Accessors for database object editor and method execution operation
- Navigation history and speed search capabilities
- Highlighting of invalid objects, accessors for multiple-compile operation (identify invalid objects and fire compilation operation on them) **
- DDL extraction to editor or to clipboard (deprecated feature - see ddl file creation in code-editor section) **
- Lazy loading of database objects (objects are loaded only on demand from the database to save system resources)
- Intelligent background loading strategy to ensure minimal waiting times for developer
Note: Version conflict editors are not highlighted. Will be fixed in future releases.
- Advanced cell editors for several data types (data choosers, calendar, large text editor)
- Input validation and error highlighting (erroneous inputs are leniently notified by a lightweight error pop-up)
- Data sorting (click on column header will switch the sorting order)
- Gutter highlighting for unsaved changes (inserted, changed or removed entries are emphasized in the editor gutter)
- Data export to file or to clipboard in several formats (sql insert statements, .xls, .csv)
- Flexible data filtering capabilities (simple - list of conditions joined with AND or OR; custom - sql editor for freestyle "where" condition)
- Quick filter suggestions (e.g. "filter by column value")
- Transaction awareness when changing data (commit and rollback controls are being enabled for the corresponding connection)
- Navigable structure projection in the "Structure" tool window
- Smart editing (cell becomes editable right after being selected to skip annoying "double-click to edit")
Note: Configuration of execution processes is still pending.
PL/SQL Debugger **
Dialect sensitive editor for SQL and for Procedural-SQL script files (.sql, .plsql) providing advanced editing capabilities.
- Language highlighting configurable in the "Colors & Fonts" IDE settings section
** Oracle specific feature