JetBrains License Server is a web application that enables license administration across a single network. The Server issues and revokes license tickets to/from network clients based on properties of license keys that are provided by JetBrains after purchase, and allows a customer to use a product concurrently by the number of users corresponding with the number of per-user license keys run by License Server.
License Server serves as a central point for distribution of licenses among multiple users and client machines in a network environment. It supports the following JetBrains products:
- IntelliJ IDEA 7.0 or higher (only Commercial licenses). (A License Server-compatible build of IntelliJ IDEA 6.0 is available upon request.)
- ReSharper 3.1 or higher (only Commercial licenses).
- ReSharper Cpp 1.0 or higher
- dotTrace 5.5 or higher (only Commercial licenses). (Floating licenses are supported starting from dotTrace 3.1).
- dotMemory 4.0 or higher (only Commercial licenses).
- dotCover 1.0 or higher.
- RubyMine 1.0 or higher.
- PyCharm 1.0 or higher.
- WebStorm 1.0 or higher
- PhpStorm 1.0 or higher
- AppCode 1.0 or higher
- CLion 1.0 or higher
You can have earlier versions of these products in your network, but you can't manage them using License Server.
License Server issues and revokes license tickets to/from network clients based on properties of license keys that are provided by JetBrains after purchase. License Server supports the following two types of license keys:
- Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE)/Java SE Development Kit (JDK) 6 or higher installed in any of the following operating systems:
- Windows® (2000, NT 4.0 or higher, XP or Win7).
- Linux/UNIX-based OS.
- Macintosh OSX™.
- Apache Tomcat 6.0 or higher. Warning: Tomcat version 8.0.17 is broken, so the license server won't run on this particular Tomcat build.
- Mozilla Firefox 2.0+, Internet Explorer 7.0+, Safari 3.0+ or Google Chrome for accessing the License Server control panel.