- Code coverage integration
- Incremental test run. Rerun Re-run only tests that execute changed code
- Searchable option dialogs (MacOS X Tiger like)
- Project-wide error highlighting (to be displayed in project view)
- Floating editor tab groups
- Custom inspections and intentions based on structural search and replace templates
- Extract method refactoring enchancementsenhancements. Will work in some cases, where it currectly refuses to.
- @Nullable/@NotNull annotation runtime assertions
- Version control integration usability enhancements: tree-like or list-like changes instantly available in the toolwindow.
- Inplace rename refactoring for local variables
- Module system should support notion of interface and implementation.
- Separate dependencies for module interface, implementation and test parts.
- JUnit4 support
- Background update from the VCS
- Code completion API
- Embedded languages API: XML tag contents and attributes, java string literals
- Global inspection API
- Classic options view usability improvements.
- Major usability improvements for editing forms
- Possibility to generate code using GridBagLayout (no more forms_rt.jar requirement)
- Support for all Swing components and property types (colors, fonts, icons, setLabelFor, etc)
- HIG-compliant borders, spacing and indents, baseline alignment
- Support for nested forms
- Possibility to create and navigate to event handlers and Swing actions from the form designer
- UI inspections (automatic checking for UI guidelines compliance)
Continuous Integration Server
- Integration/Nightly/Release builds build automation
- Build triggering: VCS, manual, schedule
- Build grid / cluster support
- Easy build setup from .ipr file
- Existing builds coded in ant Ant or maven Maven will be supported
- Instant notification
- Navigate to failed tests in IDE
- Review failure stacktrace in IDE
- Rerun Re-run failed tests locally
- History, statistics
- Run build on using local sources snapshot without committing to the VCS
- Delayed commit: build and commit if successfull
- Update to the sources of the latest successfull build
- Mark tests as ignored.
- Instant messaging including code pointers, stacktraces exchange with group chat support
- Contact list, registered project committers
- P2P sources sync: diff with remote peer project state, ability to take changes from and to.
- Collaborative code review: auto-follow-me navigation
- Warn if start editing file modified by someone else in terms of VCS
- Warn if simultaneous editing causes merge after commit.
- Share project-wide configurations (run configurations, code style, inspection profiles etc.)
- Continuous integration status
- Project commiters info (online/offline, contact info, currently working on etc.)
- Project billboard
- Server-side code analysis results.
- JSF Configuration Authoring Support (jsf-config editing aids, form-based config editing, navigation diagram editor)
- Visual JSF/JSP/HTML Designer
- JSF-Oriented CodeInsight Features
- EJB 3.0 Support
- EJB 2.1 -> EJB 3.0 Migration Assistance
- Persistence Unit Diagram ModellerModeler
- EJB-Oriented oriented CodeInsight Features
- More Complete Error Checking
- Better support of for JSP fragments , included into other pages