- Better performance and reduced number of server connections;
- Possibility to organize newsgroups in folders;
- Support for SSL connections;
- Support for canceling articles on the server;
- Support for compressing newsgroup names and specifying custom display names;
- Per-server configuration of all server properties;
- Better download control options;
- Support for news: URLs;
- Improved newsgroup subscription dialog with possibility to view new newsgroups;
- Support for "Deleted Resources" (recycle bin for news articles);
- Possibility to keep the article archive when unsubscribing from a newsgroup;
- Possibility to switch encodings for downloaded articles;
- Many other small improvements.
RSS Plugin Features
- Support for feed: URLs;
- Support for posting comments to feeds from within Omea through the Comment API;
- Better support for reading comments to feed posts (+ signs are shown for all items with comments which can be downloaded);
- Built-in editor for weblog posts (so that IBlogExtension plugins which do not provide their own post editing UI can now be used with Omea);
- Possibility to subscribe to a feed by dragging an URL from a browser and dropping it on the Feeds pane;
- Support for "Deleted Resources" (recycle bin for feed posts);
- Possibility to edit the properties of multiselected feeds, or all feeds in a feed group;
- Support of the <image> tag;
- Display of favicons for RSS feeds.
- Added rules for changing the Omea tray icon;
- Added rules for automatic clean up of old news articles and RSS posts (expiration rules);
- Implemented unified rule manager dialog for all types of rules;
- Possibility to pin conditions in the view, rule and advanced search forms, so that frequently used conditions are always readily accessible;
- The "Apply Rules" dialog allows to choose the resources to which rules will be applied, and its performance has been improved;
- Possibility to display views in threaded mode;
- "Hide Read Messages" option works for views;
- "Choose Resource Types" dialog shows resource type icons;
- Possibility to reorder Formatting and TrayIcon rules, check on/off these rules.
- Visible links are created between resources which are used as rule parameters and their rules. These rules are visible in the Links Pane. Currently available only for Contacts and Tasks.
- Proper support for removing email account from a Contact - all correspondence related to this email account is retargeted to newly created contact.
- Possibility to delete contacts;
- Possibility to assign contact categories from the "Edit Contact" form.
- Many performance and memory usage improvements;
- "Deleted Resources" view allows to view and recover resources deleted in Omea;
- "Delete Confirmations" options pane allows to specify whether resource deletion needs to be confirmed by the user;
The Tokaj release includes many other improvements in different areas of the product. A more complete list of improvements will be provided later.