Installing via ZIP File
- Make sure a JDK (JRE) 1.8.0_161 or later (Java 6-10 are supported, but 8 but 1.8.0_161+ is recommended)is properly installed on the agent computer.
- On the agent computer, make sure the
JAVA_HOMEenvironment variables are set (pointing to the installed JRE or JDK directory respectively).
- In the TeamCity Web UI, navigate to the Agents tab.
- Click the Install Build Agents link and select Zip file distribution to download the archive.
- Unzip the downloaded file into the desired directory.
- Navigate to the
<installation path>\confdirectory, locate the file called
buildAgent.dist.propertiesand rename it to
- Edit the
buildAgent.propertiesfile to specify the TeamCity server URL and the name of the agent. Please refer to Build Agent Configuration section for details on agent configuration.
Under Linux, you may need to give execution permissions to the
On Windows you may also want to install the build agent windows service instead of the manual agent startup.
A TeamCity build agent is a Java application and it requires JDK version 6 or later to work. Oracle Java SE JDK 1.8.0_161 or later, 32-bit is recommended. Java download page
The (Windows) .exe TeamCity distribution comes bundled with Java 1.8.0_161.
If you run a previous version of the TeamCity agent, you will need to repeat the agent installation to update the JVM.
If a build agent uses a Java version older than the recommended Java 8 (e.g. Java 6 or 7), you will see the corresponding warning on the agent's page and a health item in the web UI.