===================================================================== Changes from 2018.2.x to 2019.1 ===================================================================== h2reverse.dep Changes from 2018.1.2 to 2018.1.3 h3. Bundled Tools Updates The latest JaCoCo version parameters behavior changed: https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/TW-41341
Changes from 2018.2.3 to 2018.2.4
There is a regression in TeamCity 2018.2.4 related to the data displayed on the unauthorized agents' page: the data on agent authorization, enabling/disabling comments, and the latest activity time was removed from the page. This data is displayed on the agent details page.
When the performance is improved, we’ll return the data to the unauthorized agents' page.
Changes from 2018.2.2 to 2018.2.3
TeamCity now ships Windows docker images for 1803/1809 platforms.
Running builds are not shown on the build configuration page if there are no finished builds. To workaround the issue, stop the TeamCity server, replace the T
EAMCITY_DIRECTORY/webapps/ROOT/js/ring/bundle.js with the
bundle.js file attached to this issue and start the server.
Changes from 2018.2.1 to 2018.2.2
- The bundled Tomcat has been updated to version 8.5.3
- The TeamCity agent docker image supports .NET Core 2.2
Changes from 2018.2 to 2018.2.1
No noteworthy changes
Changes from 2018.1.x to 2018.2
If upgrade fails with an error in MoveCustomDataStorageToDatabaseConverter or MoveRepositoryStateToCustomDataStorageConverter, please apply workaround from the issue.
- If you're using Subversion externals from the same repository, you may face an issue with incorrect revision detection. A workaround for the problem is described in this issue.
- If you see OutOfMemoryError during TeamCity startup with `org.jetbrains.dokka` in stack trace, please set the internal property
teamcity.kotlinConfigsDsl.docsGenerationXmx=768m(as described in this issue)
Bundled Tools Updates
- The bundled .NET Tools (dotCover and ReSharper CLT) have been upgraded to the latest released version, 2018.1.4
- TeamCity 2018.2 comes bundled with IntelliJ IDEA 2018.3.1. The IntelliJ IDEA Project Runner uses JPS 2018.3.1
- Since TeamCity 2018.2 OpenJDK is included in the Windows .exe TeamCity distribution (before 2018.2 Oracle Java was bundled with TeamCity Windows distribution).
The parameters that were previously used to reference the global NuGet feed are removed. After upgrading, all of them will be converted to the parameters referencing the default NuGet feed in Root project.
If you're still using deprecated NuGet feed references in project parameters please update them as following:
|Global feed name||Project feed name|
Changes from 2018.1.4 to 2018.1.5
No noteworthy changes
Changes from 2018.1.3 to 2018.1.4
- Builds which are running while the server upgrades to 2018.1.4 can get their build log and status truncated, not duly reporting build failure. The build log gets warning with "__tc_longResponseMarker" text (details). It is recommended to wait till there are not running builds when upgrading to this version.
Support for Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 is discontinued in TeamCity 2018.1.4.
Changes from 2018.1.2 to 2018.1.3
Bundled Tools Updates
The latest JaCoCo version (0.8.2) has been added to TeamCity.
If you use JaCoCo coverage and you decide to downgrade from TeamCity 2018.1.3+ to TeamCity versions 2018.1 - 2018.1.2, you may experience issues requiring manual fixes to make the affected configurations work again.
Changes from 2018.1.1 to 2018.1.2
(this was a bug existing since version 9.1, so seems like we do not need to announce it's fixing in 2018.1.2 here - https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/TW-42962) h3. Agent configuration on upgrade If you choose to perform upgrade of a TeamCity agent running under Windows using TeamCity Windows agent or server installer and the previous agent version is 9.1+ (regularly, agent upgrades automatically and you do not need to run the installer manually), in order not to lose agent settings stored in <TeamCity Agent Home>\config\buildAgent.properties, backup the file before running the installer and restore the file from the backup after the installation procedure.
We increased accuracy for recognizing similar TeamCity exit code build problems. The existing investigations and mutes for these build problems will be reset.
Bundled Tools Updates
The bundled Tomcat has been updated to version 8.5.32.
Changes from 2018.1 to 2018.1.1
Changes from 2017.2.x to 2018.1
While publishing NuGet packages into the TeamCity NuGet feed in multiple build steps, only the packages published by the first build step will be visible. See TW-55703 for details. If you experience problems with download of NuGet packages published within archives see TW-55833.
- The IntelliJ IDEA Project Runner uses JPS 2017.3.4 requiring Java 1.8 as the minimal version.
- The bundled ReSharper CLT and dotCover have been updated to version 2018.1.2
- Configuration of the NuGet feed was moved from the server level to the project level: now each project can have its own feed. The "NuGet packages indexer" build feature can be added to build configurations whose artifacts should be indexed.
The following NuGet feed-related build parameters are deprecated:
- The enabled default NuGet feed with all published packages accessed by URL
/app/nuget/v1/FeedService.svc/is now moved to the Root project feed
/app/nuget/feed/_Root/default/v2/. It is recommended to switch to new URL in your projects.
- .nupkg files are now indexed on the agent side instead of the server which could slightly increase the time of builds for projects with the NuGet Feed feature and the automatic package indexing enabled or for builds with NuGet Packages Indexer build feature.
In all the build configurations, the builds run before the upgrade will not be reused in the chains and will run anew (only the last build on the default branch is affected if branches are used). This may also result in a clean checkout in the first run build for VCSs like Perforce. The behavior is similar tothat after VCS root editing.
When upgrading to 2017.2.x versions (please ignore when upgrading to 2018.1 and further versions): It is recommended to add "
teamcity.artifacts.restrictRequestsWithArtifactReferer=true" internal property to enhance security of the server.
Windows XP and Vista are no longer the supported versions of Windows for the TeamCity Server and Agent. While the server and agent can will still most probably work on these old versions, we do not target the versions during our development. Let us know if the support for the versions is important for your TeamCity usage or you find any issues with the systems support.
J2EE Servlet 2.5 container is no longer supported
Changes from 2017.1.3 to 2017.1.4
TFS Personal support lists all build configurations for TFVC VCS root. See TW-51497 for details.
Changes from 10.0.x to 2017.1
Editing cloud profile cancels all builds on profile agents. See TW-49616 for details.
Precedence of %dep.ID.NAME% parameter references
%dep.ID.NAME% parameter reference is used and there are several dependency paths to the same build configuration with id "ID" so that different builds are accessible via (direct or indirect) artifact dependencies, the result of the reference resolution could have used any of the builds without any guaranteed precedence.
Changes from 9.1.1 to 9.1.2
The Command line runner can fail to execute a custom script if it has a non-default hashbang specified at the beginning of the script: TW-42498
The change in behavior introduced in 8.1 (see below) has been fixed. Command line runners using "Executable with parameters" option which were created/changed with TeamCity 8.1
can expose a change in behavior with the upgrade. The recommended approach is to switch to "Custom script" option instead of "Executable with parameters" in command line runner.
The [bug with temp tool folders|https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/TW-46648] introduced in the previous version has been fixed.
To fix the issue please stop TeamCity server, replace TEAMCITY_DIRECTORY/webapps/ROOT/js/ring/bundle.js with the bundle.js attached to the issue and start the server.