- Better performance and reduced number of server connections;
- Possibility to organize newsgroups in folders;
- Support for SSL connections;
- Support for canceling articles on the server;
- Support for compressing newsgroup names and specifying custom display names;
- Per-server configuration of all server properties;
- Better download control options;
- Support for news: URLs;
- Improved newsgroup subscription dialog with possibility to view new newsgroups;
- Support for "Deleted Resources" (recycle bin for news articles);
- Possibility to keep the article archive when unsubscribing from a newsgroup;
- Many other small improvements.
The following new features have been implemented in the Outlook plugin:
- Possibility to copy folders and messages;
- Possibility to save messages as .MSG files;
- Possibility to turn off category synchronization for contacts, tasks and emails;
- Other improvements.
The following new features have been implemented in the RSS plugin:
- Support for feed: URLs;
- Possibility to subscribe to a feed by dragging an URL from a browser and dropping it on the Feeds pane.
- Support for "Deleted Resources" (recycle bin for feed posts).
New Message List/Tree Control
Tokaj includes a rewritten control for displaying lists and trees of resources. It is currently used in the following places:
- Panes in the left sidebar;
- "Choose Resource Types", "Select Conditions" and "Views Manager" dialogs.
The control currently provides the following improvements:
- Correct operation of tooltips, multiselection and other features that did not always work properly in the 1.0 release;
- Better incremental search implementation;
- Use of XP themes for drawing checkboxes in the list;
- Better performance and stability.
Search, Rules and Views Improvements
- Added rules for changing the Omea tray icon;
- Implemented unified rule manager dialog for all types of rules;
- The "Apply Rules" dialog allows to choose the resources to which rules will be applied, and its performance has been improved;
- "Hide Read Messages" option works for views;
- "Choose Resource Types" dialog shows resource type icons;
- Added search history in the Advanced Search dialog;
- Phrasal search results are always highlighted correctly;
- Better diagnostics for incorrect search queries.
Contact Management Improvements
- Possibility to delete contacts (in progress);
- Possibility to assign contact categories from the "Edit Contact" form.
The Tokaj release includes many other improvements in different areas of the product. A more complete list of improvements will be provided later.