- Auto import feature inserts the shortest qualified name, if possible. Otherwise, the _root_ qualifier is added.
- All import statements from one package are collapsed to a single statement.
- If a class name matches only a single valid package, it's imported on-the-fly, without requiring you to press Alt+Enter.
- Import statements can be inserted anywhere in the file, not only the header.
- If a number of classes imported from a package exceeds a specified threshold, the import is collapsed to a package level.
Starting from compiler version 2.8, packages from parent packages are not implicitly imported, and you need to import them manually, or to use nested packages feature (in Scala 2.8). So, if you are using Scala version 2.7 or lower, then you will always get fully qualified imports after using this feature.