- If the subrule is a call to another named rule, then its name is used as the field name.
- If the subrule is the
?operator, the subrule name with the added
Optsuffix is used. For example, a field named
IdentifierOptwill be created for the
- If the subrule is a loop, the pluralized subrule name is used.
- If the subrule is a loop with separators, then the rule that describes the separators is ignored, and the name is calculated according to the rule for plain loops.
- If the subrule is a sequence (enclosed by parentheses) that contains only one rule which type is not
voidand which is not a literal token, then this rule's name is used. If there are more than one such rule, then the name should be manually specified, as calculation becomes impossible. In this case the compiler will return an error.
- Names are not calculated for predicates, as the AST nodes are not created for them.