|Table of Contents|
About JetBrains License Server
JetBrains License Server is a web application that enables license administration across a single network.
License Server serves as a central point for distribution of licenses among multiple users and client machines in a network environment. It supports the following JetBrains products:
- IntelliJ IDEA 7.0 or higher (only Commercial licenses). (A License Server-compatible build of IntelliJ IDEA 6.0 is available upon request.)
- ReSharper 3.1 or higher (only Commercial licenses).
- dotTrace 5.5 or higher (only Commercial licenses). (Floating licenses are supported starting from dotTrace 3.1).
- dotMemory 4.0 or higher (only Commercial licenses).
- dotCover 1.0 or higher.
- RubyMine 1.0 or higher.
- PyCharm 1.0 or higher.
- WebStorm 1.0 or higher
- PhpStorm 1.0 or higher
License Server issues and revokes license tickets to/from network clients based on properties of license keys that are provided by JetBrains after purchase. License Server supports two licensing models:
You can have earlier versions of these products in your network, but you can't manage them using License Server.
- Per-concurrent user- allows a customer to access a product by the number of concurrent users corresponding with the number of purchased license keys run by the License Server.
- True-up - allows a customer to access a product by multiple users with a single license key run by the License Server. The true-up license falls under the true-up license agreement. If you are interested in true-up license, please contact sales for license terms.
- Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE)/Java SE Development Kit (JDK) 6 or higher installed in any of the following operating systems:
- Windows® (2000, NT 4.0 or higher, XP or Win7).
- Linux/UNIX-based OS.
- Macintosh OSX™.
- Apache Tomcat 6.0.
- Mozilla Firefox 2.0+, Internet Explorer 7.0+, Safari 3.0+ or Google Chrome for accessing the License Server control panel.
License Server comes with embedded Apache Derby database. However, you can configure License Server to work with an external database (MySQL or Sybase ASE.) See Using External Database for guidelines.
Download License Server
Current build number: 355
- Download standalone WAR file (for deploying in an existing Apache Tomcat installation.)
- Download with bundled Tomcat (32 bit)
- Download with bundled Tomcat (64 bit)
- Installing License Server
- Upgrading License Server
- License Server User Guide (recently updated: includes guidelines on developing custom verification plug-ins for License Server)
- License Server User Guide (older version as PDF)
- Common Administration Tasks
dotTrace license handling updated, "Email white list" feature fixes, server log files default location is now in logs//jetbrains-license-server directory; customizable server log files location
"Email white list" feature for restricting addresses to which permanent ticket activation code can be sent
Supporting additional SMTP-server settings (port, login, password, isSSL)
When no free tickets left, allow to convert already obtained floating ticket into permanent one (only if other clients do not hold this same ticket)
Fixed 'version' column rendering for "Issued Tickets" table for tickets that correspond to subscription licenses
Prefer exact edition among licenses with subscription
Subscription support in .Net products
license types support for "true-up" licenses.
Supported opensource and academic licenses for IntelliJ IDEA based products; fixed too strict parameter validation for the license requests from older builds of supported producs
Supported subscription licenses for IntelliJ IDEA based products
Ability to clear all licenses for particular product with a single click
Corrected handling of OptimisticLock exceptions; Before issuing a permanent ticket to a client, revoke all tickets already issued to this client
Added support for dotMemory profiler; Additional heuristic for DNS suffixes detection
Fixed DB-level deadlock issue between concurrent transactions
Show ticket's edition in 'Floating Tickets' page
Fix date decoding for dotNet products subscription licenses
Fixed NPE in ticket calculation procedure
AppCode product supported
Subscription licenses for dotCover supported; bundled Tomcat version upgraded to version 6.0.33; added 64-bit Tomcat distribution
Fixed bug in Java API: two connections were opened by a client connection to the server
Fixed "multiple licenses issued for the same user" problem in environments where older and newer versions of products and licenses co-exist in the same LS instance
Eliminated dependency on Sun/Oracle-specific libraries that may be missing from alternative JDKs (e.g. IBM JSDK)
Fixed license validation problem: some 'client' licenses were treated as 'server'-type licenses
Key column migration fixes for Sybase ASE database
Enlarge license key column
Add support for dotCover and PyCharm
Bugfixes (dotTrace license compatibility)
Add WebStorm and PhpStorm plugins
Fix RubyMine (and subscription-based licenses) support
Fix problem with obfuscating
Custom authorization extension point added. See Extending License Server to Use Custom Verification for details.
Bug fixes (ticket generation)
Bug fixes (IE7 compatibility) and ReSharper 3.0 license check
Bug fixes and ReSharper 4.0 support
Bug fixes and ReSharper 4.0 support
Ticket history support
Ability to configure "from" address
Displaying build number in page footer
License Server is compiled with JDK 1.5
ReSharper True-up keys support
Sybase DB support
Corrected smtp server name validation. DB schema improvements.
Critical db bug fixes
Added IE 7 compatibility
Corrected README text.
Fixed license page reload after adding new key. 'Delete' license key functionality.