- "Configure Visible Projects" dialog has become aware of project hierarchy
- projects hierarchy is shown on Administration -> Projects page the same way as it shown in the Projects popup
- projects hierarchy is shown on Administration -> Disk usage page
- projects hierarchy is shown in all drop downs where a list of projects or configurations is displayed
- investigations page for a project also shows all investigations from sub-projects. The same applies to muted problems page, current problems, build chains and project change log. All these pages will show sub-projects too.
- notification rule defined for a project will be effective for sub-projects too
- builds schedule page for a project shows schedule from sub-projects too
- it is now possible to define cleanup rules for projects, such cleanup rules serve as default for configurations from this project and sub project. Default cleanup rule is replaced with cleanup rule in Root project.
VCS roots and templates
There is no notion of shared VCS root anymore. If VCS root should be available to several projects it should be moved to common parent of these projects or to Root project. Thus when you upgrade to this EAP build, all shared VCS roots will be moved to Root project.
The same applies to templates, build configuration can be attached to a template if template belongs to project of this configuration or to one of parent projects. This means that starting with this EAP you won't be able to use template from separate project hierarchy. However, as this was possible before, TeamCity will still support this case and will load such configurations without errors.
External IDs for build configuration and template
We continue refactoring the way how configuration files are stored on disk under TeamCity data directory. This EAP brings two important changes: