JetBrains License Server
The license server JetBrains License Server is a web application that enables license administration across a single network from one central location. The license server supports two licensing models: floating and "on-demand". If you have obtained a right to use the license server . The License Server serves as a central point for distribution of licenses among multiple users and client machines in a network environment, and it supports the following JetBrains products:
• IntelliJ IDEA 7.0 and higher
• ReSharper 3.1 and higher
License Server issues and revokes license tickets to/from network clients based on properties of license keys that are provided by JetBrains after purchase. The following two types of license keys are supported by the License Server:
• Single-user license key that allows a customer to access a product by a specific number of concurrent users corresponding with the number of purchased license keys run by the License Server;
• Multi-user license key that allows a customer to access a product by unlimited number of concurrent users pursuant to a separate license agreement with JetBrains that implies regular monitoring of the concurrent product usage and providing usage reports to JetBrains on the quarterly basis for the purpose of the floating license administrationlicense "true-up".
If you have obtained a number of single-user license keys, you can download the license server License Server below and start using it without any additional access permission. If you are interested in the "on demand" licensing modela multi-user license key, please contact sales for detailsinformation on the licensing terms.
- Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE)/Java SE Development Kit (JDK) v.5 or later, and one of the following operating systems:
- Windows® (2000, NT 4.0 or higher, XP), or
- Linux/UNIX-based OS, or
- Macintosh OSX™
- Apache Tomcat 6.0
- Mozilla Firefox 2.0, Internet Explorer 7.0 or Safari 3.0 for accessing the License Server control panel
- IntelliJ IDEA 7.0 or higher (or a compatible build of IntelliJ IDEA 6.0, which is available upon request). You can have earlier versions on your network, but you cannot manage them using License Server.
- License Server comes with Apache Derby embedded DB bundled. However it's possible to use external db. See Using External Database for more info.