What is Early Access Program
We at JetBrains believe that making tools for developers should greatly involve listening to developers. Our Early Access Program lets development community closely participate in discussions devoted to IntelliJ IDEA and influence development planning, from early stages onwards.
Early Access Program allows you to try pre-release versions of our software to evaluate features that will be added to the next release.
It is important to distinguish EAP from traditional pre-release software. Please note that the quality of EAP versions may at times be way below even usual beta standards.
What is Maia?
"Maia" is the codename for IntelliJ IDEA 9.
Maia EAP (build 10762), released on Sep 14, 2009:
Windows installer (includes bundled JRE 1.6.0_12)
Windows ZIP archive (no bundled JRE)
Plugin development package
Windows/Unix version built with JDK 1.5
This EAP build includes a 30-day time-limited license that can be used even if you have already used an IntelliJ IDEA evaluation.
Old versions of the TeamCity plugin are incompatible with builds 10762 or later. If you're using the TeamCity integration, you'll need to get the plugin from TeamCity 4.5.5 or the forthcoming TeamCity 5.0 EAP build.
- Backgroundable file indexing, limited navigation / editing / VCS functionality during such process.
- Task context management
- Highlighting of globally unused symbols
- Subversion 1.6
- Google App Engine
- OSGI support
- Spell checker
- GWT 1.7 support (see IDEADEV-34713 for details)
- JEE 6 EA support, currently:
- Tapestry support
- PHP support
- Adobe Air
- Type, method, call hierarchy for ActionScript/Mxml
- Grails Project View
- SmartType completion after 'new' in Groovy
- Closure and generic parameters foldings
- Easy class exclusion from completion & auto-import
- Android support