- Download and install the trial version of dotMemory.
- Run dotMemory.
- On the dotMemory Home page, select Profile Local | Standalone Application.
- In the opened Profiler Configuration windowright panel, in Standalone Application:
- In Application, specify the path to the Visual Studio executable. For example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe
- Click Run. This will run Visual Studio.
- Open your solution and wait until it is completely loaded.
- Collect a memory snapshot by clicking Get Snapshot in dotMemory.
- In Visual Studio, perform actions that are suspected to cause memory issues (high memory traffic, exceptions, etc.).
- Collect a snapshot one more time by clicking Get Snapshot in dotMemory.
- Close Visual Studio.
- In dotMemory, save collected snapshots to a file using the menu File | Export Workspace.
- Upload the file to ftp://ftp.intellij.net/.uploads/.
Don’t worry if you don’t see the upload progress – it is hidden according to the FTP folder privileges.
- Create a new issue in our issue tracker.
In the issue, please provide:
- A short description of the issue.
- Steps required to reproduce the issue.
- The name of the uploaded file.