Only language highlighting is supported by the PL/SQL editor for now.
MySql Procedural-SQL is highlighted with the Oracle highlighter
Identifier resolver still experiences issues and may report invalid references even though they are valid. A major redesign of the identifier-resolver is planned already.
Flexible database connectivity management.
- Connections configurable in scope of project or module
- Persistent mapping between connection/schema and sql scripts for providing code completion, navigation and statement execution capabilities.
- Connection pooling for concurrent database access and dedicated connectivity (managed internally)
- Silent connectivity restoring in case of database linkage breaks (e.g. idle session timeouts, administrative session kills)
- Virtual connections for deciding the .sql dialect of the mapped file (no real database behind)
Note: Refreshing objects feature is still in testing phase and not available yet (because of serious system instability hazard)
Configuration of execution processes is still pending.
Method execution is still under development and not released yet (execution input mask is released but still draft)
Signature changes on program objects are not reflected in the object browser or structure window due to the missing (not-released) refresh feature (see object browser)
Version conflict editors are not highlighted. Will be fixed in future releases.
Tabular dataset editor for manipulating data in tables and editable views
- Enhanced cell editors for several data types (data choosers, calendar, large text editor)
- Input validation and error highlighting (erroneous inputs are leniently notified by a lightweight error pop-up) ***
- Data sorting (click on column header will switch the sorting order)
- Gutter highlighting for unsaved changes (inserted, changed or removed entries are emphasized in the editor gutter)
- Data export to file or to clipboard in several formats (sql insert statements, .xls, .csv)
- Flexible data filtering capabilities (simple - list of conditions joined with AND or OR; custom - sql editor for freestyle "where" condition)
- Quick filter suggestions (e.g. "filter by column value") ***
- Transaction awareness when changing data (commit and rollback controls are being enabled for the corresponding connection)
- Navigable structure projection in the "Structure" tool window
- Smart editing (cell becomes editable right after being selected to skip annoying "double-click to edit") ***
** Oracle feature
*** Productivity highlight