I'm a 30 year old developer based in Auckland, New Zealand. I blog at http://www.talios.com.
- File rename/move/refactorings using proper subversion move
- Subversion "tagging" support
- Subversion tagging is basically an "svn cp" of the file/directory somewhere else, convention is a ./tags ./branches and ./trunk directory
- When viewing a version history for a file, have the ability to view all files commited on the version and there diffs
- Merge conflicts ( subversion support doesn't currently kick in the three way merge that CVS does )
- Subversion Repository Browser (Part of this is TMate supported)
- List Revisions
- List Files in Revisions
- List Changes to files in revisions with comments (this can be done using svn blame "blame (praise, annotate, ann): Output the content of specified files or URLs with revision and author information in-line.
- Please use svn copy, rename, move, delete - these are so perfect for how idea works with refactoring, make use of them - and please add some intelligence to it. For example, if I move a file by refactoring to a new package, and then I want to rename it, you can't rename the file in subversion until the file is under version control, this means IDEA should ask me, this file is not under version control yet (its status is added) would you like to commit it before changing its name? If I say yes, then go ahead and commit my file first, then popup the window and ask me the name of the file, and change it, but don't commit again. If I say no, ask if I want to create a new file with the contents of the one I am renaming, using svn copy, and create a new file in the same location and add it to subversion.
- Further, currently you only give us a username and password field, the info is stored unencrypted in iws, but I filed a bug about that, you need to give us a way to add our private key so we don't have to use username and pass.
- Currently the 'do you want to add xyz to subversion' test is HUGE... Please make it adopt what ever the editor is using (This is particularly annoying on OS X)
- Subversion is able to also set properties, these properties are stored in .subversion/config in the user's local home dir. Please see if you can build an interface in idea which lets you edit those properties and save them to the user's config file. Please see if you can also make these properties project specific so when we save our project, other people on the team can use the same properties. (I would imagine the first time the project is open the properties are modified appropriately).
- Would like to see filtered quick overview of file statuses in IDEA.
- I just noticed that the SVN plugin doesn't display information about the byte-count transfered during an upload as the CVS plugin does ( which is very handy )