Installing YouTrack JAR as a Service Under Linux
Linux Scripts for Easy YouTrack Installation
To quickly install YouTrack from .jar distribution under Linux, perform the following steps under root user:
- Add a user:
- Create a directory:
- Create script init.d:
- Paste the following code into init.d:
- Save the script and grant it exec privileges:
- Install init.d:
- Create a run script:
- Paste the following code into
JAVA_HOMEvariable to correctly reference your Java installation home directory (make sure to have JDK installed beforehand):
- Save youtrack.sh and grant it exec privileges:
- Download the latest YouTrack JAR file (make sure to change <version> accordintly):
- Run YouTrack: YouTrack will run on port 8112.
- Install lighttpd1.5 server:
- To configure proxy, paste the following code: Uncomment commented lines if you have virtual hosts for YouTrack on a multiple-site host.
- Add a symbolic link:
- Restart lighttpd:
You can now access YouTrack on port 80 via HTTP.
To upgrade YouTrack to a newer build, execute the following script (make sure to change
<version> to match the version of the build you're upgrading to):