To deploy and run YouTrack WAR within Tomcat servlet container:
- If you run Tomcat (e.g. as a Windows service), stop Tomcat instance before deploying YouTrack.
youtrack-xx.warfile as required before deploying. In the further examples we assume that the YouTrack servlet name is set to
- Start Apache Tomcat.
- In your web browser, navigate to
- When the login form (
http://yourserver:<Tomcat port>/youtrack/loginform) displays, enter
rootas your default login/password pair.
- Complete the initial setup screen (http://yourserver:<Tomcat port>/youtrack-xx/setup):
- Enter your user name and license key. If you need to evaluate YouTrack, request an evaluation key.
- Optionally, fill out all other initial settings. The step is recommended but you can specify these settings later on.
- Please check that the baseURL of your instance is correct. For example, in this case
http://yourserver:<Tomcat port>/youtrack. The
baseURLis necessary for correct work of REST API, screenshot applet, OpenID and TeamCity integration and for correct links in YouTrack notifications.
For more information, please refer to Apache Tomcat official documentation.