The plugin allows TeamCity to track Visual Studio online work items (issues) mentioned in the commit messages.
Table Of Contents
Obsolete. Please use built-in Team Foundation Work Items integration instead.
- Supports only basic authentication through alternate credentials
- Supports only one project per issue tracker defined (you can define several issue trackers however)
- Project and project collection (if differs from default) must be specified explicitly
VSO Api version
Downloading and Installation
Builds for all supported branches can be downloaded from the public JetBrains TeamCity server:
Download the plugin version compatible with your installed TeamCity and install the plugin as usual .
Enabling alternate credentials for the Visual Studio Online account that will be used with TeamCity is required.
After installing the plugin, create a connection to your tracker specifying Visual Studio Online as the connection type and provide the required information.
After installing and configuring the plugin, TeamCity parses version control check-in messages and transforms a Work Item ID into a link to the full work item. A direct link will be available on:
- the Changes tab of the build results.
- the Issues tab, which will display a list of all Work Items associated with the build.
- the build configuration home page, where you can review Work Items mapped to comments from the Issue Log tab.
The plugin uses the check-in message to provide these links, which allows it to work with both Team Foundation Version Control (TFVC)-based projects as well as Git-based projects.
See the related blog-post for step-by-step instructions .