The TeamCity add-in for Microsoft Visual Studio provides the following features:
- Remote run for TFS, Subversion and Perforce (for remote run for Mercurial and Git see Branch Remote Run Trigger),
- Pre-Tested (Delayed) Commit for TFS, Subversion and Perforce,
- fetching JetBrains dotCover coverage analysis data from the TeamCity server (see more) to MS Visual Studio (requires dotCover of the supported version installed in Visual Studio),
- viewing recently committed changes and personal builds with their build status in the My Changes tool window,
- opening build failure details in MS Visual Studio from the TeamCity web UI,
- viewing failed tests' details for a build,
- re-runing tests failed in the TeamCity build locally via the ReSharper test runner (requires ReSharper 5.0 installed),
- navigation from the IDE to the build results web page,
- re-applying changes sent in Remote Run or Pre-tested commit to the working directory.
For detailed instructions on how to use the add-in, refer to the TeamCity menu, Help section in Visual Studio.
Installing the Add-in
The TeamCity VS add-in version must correspond to the version of the TeamCity server it connects to. Connections to TeamCity servers with different versions are generally not supported.
Download the add-in available in the TeamCity Tools section of the My Settings&Tools page (to open the page, click the arrow next to your username in the top right corner of the TeamCity web UI and select My Settings&Tools) and follow the installation wizard.
Close all running instances of Visual Studio before starting the add-in installation (initial or upgrade).
See the Supported Platforms and Environments page for the system requirements to configure integration with different version control systems or coverage tools.