Build trigger is an event that initiates a new build. The build is put into the build queue and is run when there are idle agents that can run it.
For each build configuration you can configure the following triggers:
- VCS trigger: the build is triggered when changes are detected in the version control system roots attached to the build configuration.
- Schedule trigger: the build is triggered at a specified time.
- Finish Build trigger: the build is triggered after a build of the selected configuration is finished. If corresponding checkbox is enabled, a build is triggered only after successful build of the selected configuration.
- Maven Artifact Dependency trigger: the build is triggered if a specified Maven artifact has changed.
- Maven Snapshot Dependency trigger: the build is triggered, when any of the snapshot dependencies is updated in the remote repository.
- Retry build trigger: the build is triggered if the previous build failed after specified time delay.
- Branch Remote Run Trigger: personal build is triggered automatically each time TeamCity detects new changes in particular branches of the VCS roots of the build configuration. Supports Git and Mercurial.
While creating/editing a build configuration you can configure these triggers at the Build Triggering page by clicking Add new trigger. For configuration details on each trigger, refer to corresponding sections.
In addition to the triggers defined for the build configuration, you can also trigger a build by an HTTP GET request, or manually by running custom build.