The TeamCity add-in for Microsoft Visual Studio provides the following features:
- Remote Run for TFS, Subversion and Perforce (for remote run for Mercurial and Git see Branch Remote Run Trigger),
- Pre-Tested (Delayed) Commit for TFS, Subversion and Perforce,
- fetching JetBrains dotCover coverage analysis data from the TeamCity server (see more) to MS Visual Studio (requires dotCover of the supported version installed in Visual Studio),
- viewing recently committed changes and personal builds with their build status in the My Changes tool window,
- opening build failure details in MS Visual Studio from the TeamCity web UI,
- viewing failed tests' details for a build,
- reruning tests failed in the TeamCity build locally via the ReSharper test runner,
- navigation from the IDE to the build results web page,
- reapplying changes sent in Remote Run or Pre-tested commit to the working directory.
For detailed instructions, refer to the TeamCity Add-in Online Help.
On this page:
The TeamCity VS Add-in version must correspond to the version of the TeamCity server it connects to. Connections to TeamCity servers with different versions are generally not supported.
- Close all running instances of Visual Studio before starting the Add-in installation (initial or upgrade).
- Navigate to the download page of the Visual Studio Add-in:
a) Click the arrow next to your username in the top right corner of the TeamCity web UI and select My Settings & Tools
b) In the TeamCity Tools section on the right, click the Visual Studio Add-in download link.
The TeamCity Visual Studio Add-in is shipped as a part of ReSharper Ultimate products bundle. After installation, the TeamCity Add-in will be available under the RESHARPER menu in Visual Studio.
Note that the installer will remove the pre-bundle products versions: TeamCity and ReSharper versions prior to 9.0, dotCover prior to 3.0, dotTrace prior to 6.0. ReSharper Ultimate does not support the Visual Studio versions 2005 and 2008.
The Legacy version of the TeamCity VS Add-in for Visual Studio versions from 2005 to 2013 compatible with JetBrains .NET tools prior to ReSharper 9.0, dotCover 3.0 and dotTrace 6.0 is not available since TeamCity 10.0.
See the Supported Platforms and Environment page for the system requirements to configure integration with different version control systems or coverage tools.