The easiest way to set up NUnit tests reporting in TeamCity is to add NUnit build runner as one of the steps to your build configuration making sure the requirements are met and specify there all the required parameters.
For details refer to NUnit build runner page.
If using NUnit build runner is inapplicable, TeamCity provides the following ways to configure NUnit tests reporting in TeamCity:
- TeamCity supports the standard
- TeamCity provides the
<NUnitTeamCity>MSBuild task and supports the
<NUnit>MSBuild task from MSBuild Community tasks.
- TeamCity provides its own NUnit Test Launcher that can be configured in the MSBuild build script or launched from the command line.
- TeamCity Addin for NUnit is available to turn on reporting on the NUnit level without build procedure modifications.
- The bundled XML Test Reporting plugin allows importing any xml report to TeamCity. In this case it is not always possible to track results on the fly. You can add the XML Report Processing build feature to your build configuration, or use the following service message:
##teamcity[importData type='sometype' path='<path to the xml file>']. Learn more: XML Report Processing, Build Script Interaction with TeamCity.
- TeamCity allows configuring tests reporting manually via service messages.
Execution without TeamCity
Implicit TeamCity .NET Coverage
TeamCity Addin for NUnit
TeamCity NUnit Test Launcher
XML Reporting Plugin
* TeamCity-provided tasks may have different syntax/behavior. Some workarounds may be required to run the script without TeamCity.
In addition to the common test reporting features, TeamCity relieves a headache of running your NUnit tests under x86 process on the x64 machine by introducing an explicit specification of the platform and runtime environment versions. You can define whether to use .NET Framework 1.1, 2.0 or 4.0 started under a MSIL, x64 or x86 platform.
This section covers:
- TeamCity NUnit Test Launcher
- NUnit for NAnt Build Runner
- NUnit for MSBuild
- MSBuild Service Tasks
- NUnit Addins Support
- TeamCity Addin for NUnit