TeamCity integration with Eclipse provides the following features:
- Remote Run and Pre-Tested (Delayed) Commit for Subversion, Perforce, CVS and Git.
- customizing parameters for personal builds,
- monitoring the projects status in the IDE,
- exploring changes introduced in the source code and comparing the local version with the latest version in the project repository,
- navigating from build logs opened in Eclipse to files referenced in the build log,
- viewing failed tests of a particular build,
- navigating to the TeamCity web interface,
- starting investigation of a build failure,
- viewing server-provided code coverage results run on TeamCity using the IDEA or EMMA code coverage engine: "<Main Menu>/TeamCity/Code Coverage Data...",
- comparing personal patch content with workspace resources,
- viewing compilation errors,
- downloading a patch to IDE from the TeamCity server,
- shelving changes,
- re-running tests failed on the TeamCity agent locally,
- support for P4Eclipse up to 2015.1 and Eclipse EGit 2.0+
Installing the Plugin
The TeamCity Eclipse plugin version must correspond to the version of the TeamCity server it connects to. Connections to TeamCity servers with different versions are generally not supported.
To install the TeamCity plugin for Eclipse:
- In the top right corner of the TeamCity web UI, click the arrow next to your username, and select My Settings & Tools.
- Locate the TeamCity Tools section on the right.
- Under the Eclipse plugin header, copy the update site link URL. For example, in Internet Explorer you can right-click the link and choose Copy shortcut from the context menu.
- In Eclipse, click Help | Install New Software... on the main menu. The Install dialog appears.
- Enter the URL copied above (
http://<your TeamCity Server address>/update/eclipse/) into the URL field of the new update site in Eclipse, and click Enter.
- Select the required features of the TeamCity Eclipse Plugin.
- Click the Next button and follow the installation instructions.
For detailed instructions on how to work with the plugin, refer to the TeamCity section of the Eclipse help system after the plugin installation.