Starting from version 2017.2, TeamCity provides the Deployment type of build configuration. Build configurations which perform deploying to some environment can be marked with this type: these are usually build configurations which have snapshot or artifact dependencies on the builds, whose results they deploy.
Once a configuration is marked as Deployment, TeamCity changes behavior in the following way:
- The Run button caption for this configuration changes to Deploy
- If there is a build used as a dependency in a Deployment configuration, then the Deployments section will be shown on the build results page of this build, allowing you to quickly deploy the build.
- The Change status page (the page where you can see which configurations are affected by the change, and which builds have been executed with this change) has the Deployments tab that shows builds in Deployment configurations where this change was deployed for the first time.
- For Deployment configurations, TeamCity always shows the latest started build regardless of the changes it contains; unlike regular build configurations, for which the build with the latest changes is displayed.
- When setting the build configuration type to "Deployment", several settings are automatically changed to reflect the best practices: "Limit the number of simultaneously running builds" is set to "1" and "" option is turned off.