The version 2.5 of IntelliJ IDEA Python plugin is compatible with IntelliJ IDEA 9.0.2. You can download EAP builds of IntelliJ IDEA 9.0.2 at the EAP page.
Major New Features
Python 3 Syntax Support
All new language features of Python 3.0 and 3.1 are now recognized by the parser. The semantics for some of the features (like the 'nonlocal' statement) is not yet fully implemented - full support will be included in future updates.
Debugging of Python applications and unit tests is now supported. All the usual debugger features - breakpoints, stepping, frames view, watches, evaluating expressions - are implemented.
Supported features include:
- Django run configuration
- Support for creating Django projects in New Project Wizard
- Actions to run different commands of manage.py
- Template language support: syntax highlighting, code completion for tags and filters
- Navigation from urlpattern to corresponding view method, quickfix to create view method from urlpattern
- Navigation from render_to_response and similar methods to views
Other New Features
- New refactorings: Pull Up, Push Down and Extract Superclass
- Support for relative imports
- List of resolved issues