The goal of this phase is to build a structured text recognition framework, a little bit like ANTLR, but with extensible grammars.
Core parsing technology (milestone 1)
- Grammar syntax - done
- Extensible parser - done
- Error messages - done
- Error recovering - done
- Automatic Parse Tree (detailed AST) generation - done
- Quasiquotation (constructing and matching a code by patterns) - done
- Serializing AST back to document - done
- PrettyPrint based on marker tegs in grammar - done
- HTML PrettyPrint - done
- ToString based on PrettyPrint - done
- Testing framework - done
- Documentation, samples, SDK - done
- Syntax highlighting (coloring) - done
- Outlining (aka folding) - done
- Parse errors highlighting and error list - done
- Matching constructs (braces, etc) - done
Completing this phase means we can do the following:
- Express language grammar in a concise form, without heavy-lifting on complexities of EBNF and such.
- If we fail to make grammar design clear and simple, all the rest will fail miserably.
- Generate fast parser and AST builder