IntelliJ IDEA version 12.0 offers a new approach to Scala compilation process of your Scala project.
1. To Configure Compiler Settings in Project Structure
Open your project and on the Tool Bar, click icon to open the Project Structure page or selectFile→Project Structure→Modules→Scala.
On the Project Structure page, under Facet 'Scala' you can specify the following compiler settings:
- Compiler library - The compiler library is defined in Scala plugin. If you specified a home directory for Scala when you created your project than the library is configured automatically. You can select the compiler library from the list if you didn't specify one earlier while creating your project.
- Compiler order - You can select a compiler order option from the list. The default option is Mixed. If you need more information on what option to choose, click here .
- Compiler options - You can select different compiler parameters such as warnings, type error explanation and other information for the Additional compiler options field.
2. To Configure Scala Compile Server Settings
You can configure Scala compile server settings for your application. To open the settings, selectFile→Settings→IDE Settings→Scala
On this page, you can check or edit the Run compile server information.
You can also invoke Scala compile server using icon on the Status Bar.
You can use the available options to start or to stop your Scala compile server. You can also choose an option to configure the Scala compile server settings.
3. To See Compilation Messages
IntelliJ IDEA lets you view the results' messages of your compilation process in the Message Compile window:
Depending on what you have selected in the compiler options, you are able to view different messages in the Messages Compile window.