Major Changes and New Features
- JSP, JSPX, XML, HTML and XHTML parsing rewritten
- Facet-based project configuration - UI in project wizard is still temporary
- Background code analysis is executed in multiple parallel passes on multi-core/multi-CPU machines
- Find Usages and code analysis can be executed in background
- Thread leakage fixed
- Multiple background processes support
- "Hide all toolwindows at bottom/left/right" buttons
- New Drag & Drop of toolwindow buttons
- Import from Eclipse implemented as IDEA wizard
- New Export projects to Eclipse
- New ClearCase integration
- New Directory-based VCS configuration
- Create and apply patches
- Possibility to shelve changes (temporarily remove them from code and set aside as a patch file)
- Possibility to configure ignored files (files which are not version-controlled but should not be displayed under unversioned files)
- New Browse Changes UI
- Drag & drop move refactoring
- Extract Method: Possibility to select supertypes for parameter types; varargs support
- Inline local variable: Added inline definition
- Frame and Watches view shown at the same time
- Smart step (Shift-F7) - choose the method to step in if the current line contains multiple method call expressions
- Auto watches view - automatically shows the local variables and fields relevant for the current code position
- Show last function return value under JDK 6.
- Recursive method calls highlighting in stack view
- New Mark Object
- New Spring support plugin
- JSP prelude and coda support
- JSF support plugin was separated into plugin
- Quickfixes for server-side inspections
- Server-side duplicates
- New Downloading inspection reports from server
- Initial JSDoc support
- Smart Enter in comments and literals
- Css properties completion / documentation is available after 'style' member
- All CSS error highlighting was transformed into inspections with abilities to configure and individually turn on/off
- Create selector in file intention
- GWT settings are configured for each module separately via GWT facet
- "Template project settings" editing currently does not work
- Import of IntelliJ IDEA 5.0 or earlier projects currently does not work
- Module renaming currently does not work
- Intermittent "good code is red" problem which goes away after a reparse (for example, incompatible types List and ArrayList).
- New layout of debugger UI is incomplete
- Sometimes the splitter of the debugger views is positioned at 0 position so only one view is visible.
- Autodetecting GWT facets isn't implemented yet (IDEADEV-13421), so in order to work with GWT you should add GWT facets by hand (go to Settings | Project Structure, select module, click Add | Facet | GWT).
- JetBrains TMate is not compatible with Selena.
- Some third party plugins are not compatible with Selena. See this thread for details.
Where to Send Feedback
Please don't post bug reports in the comments to this page - these will be ignored