The problems detector for monitoring something wrong in IDE (incomplete settings, wrong configurations, etc)
It periodic task plugin that checked for problems for any time you worked over and over per some delay. If any problems detected - you will inform about it.
For now implemented follow inspections:
- Inspection to detect invalid Libraries (wrong path references)
- Inspection to detect invalid JDK location
- Inspection for missed resource pattern in Compiler (your resource not copied to output successfuly)
- Inspection to detect File Types with no registered patterns (extensions)
- Inspection for path to Jikes compiler if it used as Default
Just install plugin via IntelliJ IDEA Plugin Manager. Is any problems detected you will see tool window Problems. Open Problems tool window, select any problem and try to resolve it by right click popup menu.