Follow the tracker
What are the most important and known issues and limitations?
- CLion only runs on 64bit systems
- CMakeCache changes should be applied via Reload CMake project button in the tool window.
CLion supports the following C and C++ standards: C99, C11 partially, C++03, C++11, C++14 (all except constexpr), C++17 (initial support).
List of supported C++ language features can be found in our webhelp.
Performance and memory
- On the large code bases (especially when using Boost) performance and memory issues during indexing and editing are possible.
- Increasing memory may help to resolve performance problems. To check the memory usage, please, switch on the memory indicator in Preferences/Settings | Appearance & Behavior | Appearance | Show memory indicator.
While reporting a performance problem, please, get a thread dump and a CPU snapshot and attach them to the report/ticket in tracker.
To find IDE logs to attach to the problem use this link.
- Some issues are possible when debugging 32-bit projects with 64-bit GDB.
To report debugger problem, please, configure and collect debug logs.