- Register your domain name. To do so, you can use any available domain registering service to your liking, for example http://godaddy.com.
- Provide CNAME record for your YouTrack InCloud instance. A CNAME record, or Canonical Name record, is a type of resource record in the Domain Name System (DNS) that specifies that the domain name is an alias of another, canonical domain name. For example, a CNAME record like this:
may be read as:
myyoutrack.com is an alias for the canonical name (CNAME) myyoutrack.myjetbrains.com.
- In YouTrack, open Administration > Domain Settings page
- To set custom domain name, you should change the "Base URL" parameter: Click the link below the 'Base URL' field, and type the custom name that you specified in your CNAME record.
- When done, click the 'Save' button. Please note that applying the new URL is taking some time, and be patient.
- Register your desired custom domain name
- Configure relation for your custom domain name and the CNAME of your YouTrack InCloud instance
- Buy a SSL certificate.
Certificate(s) must be provided in x.509 PEM format.
- Access your YouTrack via HTTPS and open the Administration > Domain Settings page.
- Set custom domain name: Click the link below the 'Base URL' field, and type the custom name that you specified in your CNAME record.
- Provide your SSL Private Key and Certificate in the corresponding fields. Both key and certificates must be provided in PEM format. If you have several certificates, provide them consequently one after another, each certificate starting on a new line.
When the settings are applied, your server will have both HttP an HTTPS access enabled.