This page covers administering of basic settings of YouTrack, available at Administration -> Settings section:
The first pane of the Settings tab provides detailed information on currently used license and all its limitations.
Here you can Switch to Free Pack, if you currently using previous license, or navigate to YouTrack site and purchase another license.
Also, in the bottom of the pane you can enable license warning. When enabled, a warning message will be shown to the administrator in case of exceeding license limitations.
YouTrack automatically checks for available updates each time system administrator opens the Administration > Settings page. Once a new version of YouTrack is released, then a link to download the new distribution will appear in the Update Info pane.
The System pane allows you to configure basic system settings of your YouTrack server.
- Base URL — Enter application installation URL. This URL is used for constructing links in e-mail notifications, RSS links, and for the bookmarklet. You can either type the URL of server here, or let YouTrack try to set the URL automatically, by clicking the Guess URL link.
- Restricted Mode — this mode is intended to increase performance. When the check box is selected, the following features will be disabled:
- tracking of not viewed issues
- tracking of new comments.
- Max Upload File Size — The maximum allowed file size for uploaded attachments. This parameter should be set in bytes. By default, the maximum allowed file size is 10Mb (10485760 bytes).
- Max ordered issues — with youTrack 4.0 we introduce support for manual re-ordering of the issues on the Issues list. A user can drag and drop issues in the list and place them in order he sees fit. Such custom order is saved within a "watch folder", which can be a search query, saved search, tag, project or search context. This parameter limits the number of issues in the list, for which this customized order will be kept and reinstated each time a user uses the same "watch folder".
- Max Issues to Export — the maximum number of issues to be exported as HTML or CSV, or to be exported for the further printing. By default, the limit is set to 500 issues. To change it, just enter a new value.
The limit is set to avoid the possibility to overload YouTrack instance.
Visual pane allows you to manage system settings related to the visual presentation in YouTrack:
- Set up logo for your YouTrack instance. To change the default logo, click the Change link and select the file to upload in the appeared dialog.
You can upload a JPG, GIF or PNG file. Default dimensions are 125x25 px. If the size of the uploaded page is larger, new logo will be resized automatically to the defaults.
- Set the system-wide Default time zone. Time zone set here will be used for time presentation for all users, by default. A user can change the default time zone in his User Profile.
This block of settings allows administrator to enable and control the following features:
- User registration: when enabled, a user can create an account manually via registration page. Register a new account link appears on the Login page.
- Guest: when enabled, users can log in to YouTrack anonymously, as a guest user. To set up permissions for a guest user, click the Manage guest permissions link. By default, guest user has read-only permissions, e.g. viewing the list of issues, searching for issues, etc., but cannot create a new issue or change any attribute for existing issues.
- Captcha: when enabled, then to register a new account, users should enter symbols shown on a picture.
To enable using captcha on the registration page, please proceed as follows:
- Select the Captcha check box to enable using captcha on your YouTrack server. When enabled, two parameters will appear: "Public key" and "Private key".
- To obtain keys for your server, click the link provided below the Public key field. It will navigate you to the Create reCAPTCHA key page. Please note, that before you can create keys, you will need to sign up for the service. reCAPTCHA is a part of Google services, so you can use your google account to log in.
- On the Create reCAPTCHA key page, enter your domain name, and click Create Keys button.
Please read carefully Tips, provided on the page, before creating keys.
- When the your set of keys are created, go back to the Administration > Settings page and enter your Public and Private keys to the respective fields in YouTrack.
- Save settings.
In YouTrack, REST API is always enabled, by default.
In addition to general REST API, we now provide support for the Cross-origin resource sharing, or CORS. CORS support allows you to enable Java-script access to your YouTrack instance.
For more details about CORS, please refer to the CORS description page on Wikipedia.
You can also download samples of CORS usage here: https://github.com/vadimgurov/youtrack-cors-samples.
To enable access from a site (origin), select and configure either of the following parameters in the REST API pane:
- Allow all origins — If enabled, access from all origins via REST API will be permitted.
- Allowed origins — a list of origins, to allow cross origin requests from.
This settings pane allows you to enable email notifications and configure system account to send notifications to users.
To enable sending email notifications from your YouTrack server, select the check box next to the pane's title, and:
- Specify SMTP server address and port to send messages.
- Select the protocol (either with or without SSL support)
- Specify credentials for accessing the SMTP server.
- Select SSL Key — select SSL Key or Trusted Certificate for secure connection to your mail server. Please refer to the SSL Key Management for details about uploading SSL keys and trusted certificates.
- Specify an email address, which should be used in 'From' field of notifications.
When all settings are specified, click the Send test email link to test connection.
This settings pane allows you to enable notifications via Jabber protocol and configure system account, from which notifications will be sent to users.
To enable sending notifications via Jabber protocol from your YouTrack server, select the check box next to the pane's title, and provide the following parameters:
- Jabber server name and port.
- Credentials for accessing the specified Jabber server.
In some cases, when the "service name" differs from the host name of the Jabber server you use (e.g. in case you use ejabberd), you should also provide the Jabber Service Name parameter:
- Click the Advanced settings link below the "Jabber server port" field, and enter the Service name.
To verify that specified settings are correct, click Send test jabber message link.