LDAP integration lets you use user credentials stored in your directory service to log into YouTrack. Please note, that LDAP integration does not download all users from LDAP after setup. A new YouTrack user account is created for a user upon the first login to YouTrack.
To enable LDAP integration:
- In the LDAP Integration tab, click Enable LDAP Integration.
- Enter the URL of your LDAP server.
- To make sure that the connection with your LDAP server works:
- Click Test connection.
- In the Test LDAP Login dialog box, enter a pair of user credentials stored in your directory service:
- domain\username in the Login field.
- password in the Password field.
- Click Test Login.
- If an error message if displayed, check your user credentials and/or server URL.
- Click Done to close the Test LDAP Login dialog box.
- To open Advanced options click an arrow to expand advanced options pane.
- If needed specify transformation pattern, which will be applied to a trimmed login name (login name with removed prefix before slash; for example, smith as a trimmed user login name for WORKGROUP/smith full user name) entered by a user. User-entered login name can be referenced as $login$. By default, no transformation is applied. Transformation pattern sample: UID=$login$,DC=example,DC=com.
- If needed, specify pattern for search query searching a user by a specific login name. By default, the following pattern is used: (aAMAccountName=$login$).
Please note that parentheses are necessary in Query pattern: enter (uid=$login$) instead of uid=$login$ .
- If your LDAP server uses the secure connection and you have SSL key for it, select the key in the drop-down menu below the "Advanced settings" pane. Please note, that the URL to your server should start with 'ldaps://', otherwise the Select SSL Key option will be disabled. For information about uploading and maintaining SSL keys and trusted certificates, please refer to the SSL Key Management page.
- To test the connection with LDAP server, click Test connection link. In the appeared Test LDAP login dialog, enter sample credentials and click Test Login button. If the connection is successful, save your LDAP Integration settings; If not, check and correct integration settings.
Here is an example of configuration settings for LDAP integration: