YouTrack is able to import existing projects from JIRA 3.8-3.13.4, and Jira 4.x.
YouTrack does not support integration with Jira 5.x! To import projects from Jira 5.0 and higher, please use Python Client Library and ready-to-use Python script for importing data from latest Jira versions.
A project is imported along with user accounts that have access to it, and (optionally) roles, groups, and group memberships. See Integration with JIRA for details on JIRA Integration features.
To import an existing project from JIRA:
- In the Projects page (base_URL/projects), click Import existing project from Jira.
- In the Jira Integration page, use provided links to download a plug-in for JIRA, which enables importing issues to YouTrack, depending on your JIRA version.
- Install the appropriate YouTrack plug-in in your JIRA instance by following guidelines for "Version 1" plug-ins in Managing JIRA Plugins.
- Make sure that remote API is enabled in JIRA and the YouTrack plug-in has appeared in the list of JIRA plug-ins as "Charisma JIRA plugin".
- Getting back to YouTrack, click Enable Jira Integration.
- Specify JIRA base URL, your JIRA credentials (note that you must have administrative privileges in order to import projects), a project to import, and choose issue types within the selected project:
- To import groups, roles, and group memberships, select Import Security Settings.
- Click Import Project.
When you re-import a previously imported project, YouTrack only processes issues that have been added or changed since.