YouTrack comes bundled with a number of predefined default workflows, which are intended to cover the most general use cases. For example, automatic assigning an issue to a subsystem owner or processing issue duplicates.
Currently, YouTrack provides default workflows for the following use cases:
- Force Developer to Set 'Fix version' on Issue Resolve
- Make an Issue Field Mandatory
- Notify Issue Reporter to Approve Implemented Fix
- Prevent Commenting Already Resolved and Verified Issues
- Prevent Resolving Issues with Unresolved Dependencies
- Processing 'Due Date' Field
- Processing 'Fixed in build'
- Processing Duplicates
- Sample Time Management Workflow
- Setting Subsystem Owner as Issue Assignee
Please note, that some of predefined default workflows are auto-attached, that is: These default workflows will be attached automatically to any newly created project.
You can adjust default workflows to your actual use cases or create your own ones. If needed, you can roll back edited default workflows to their initial state via Restore default workflows option in the Administration > Workflow section of your server's web UI.