To create a new custom field of a simple type, proceed as follows:
- Open Administration > Custom fields section and click Create custom field link to open the Create Custom Field wizard.
- At the first step of the wizard, you should define the mandatory parameters: type a name for the new field and select its type.
In addition, you can specify the Alias for the field. Alias will be used as a keyword in search queries. For example, for a field 'Project' the alias can be 'in:', so you can use in: MyProject query instead of project: MyProject.
Click 'Next' to continue.
- Configure additional field properties:
- Auto-Attached — when selected, the field will be attached automatically to any newly created project.
- Visible — when selected, the field will be shown in the Issues list by default.
- Private — if a field is set as "Private", it will be available for viewing and editing only to users, which have proper permissions: "Read Issue Private Fields" and "Update Issue Private Fields" respectively.
- When done configuring, click Create to create new custom field.
When done creating a field, proceed to attaching the field to a project.