Since YouTrack 3.0, YouTrack bundles its own database, not previously used Oracle BerkleyDB JE. In order to use your previous data with the new YouTrack version, you must convert your current database to the new format using the Moses database convertor:
- On your running YouTrack server, back up your current YouTrack database before converting.
- Stop YouTrack server.
- Download moses.jar convertor.
- Check your YouTrack database location. By default, it's located in the User_Home/teamsysdata directory. It should be located in the Home directory of the User, under which YouTrack is run.
- Make sure that the database folder contains a blobs folder, some *.jdb files and other files, and does not contain any *.xd files, which might be created after you attempt to run YouTrack 3.0 before converting the database.
If you are not sure where these files came from, please back them up before removing them from the database folder.
- In the command line, run the application with the following command:
- Generally, if you did not change your default database location, then run the application without any parameters. Application will convert the database in your $HOME/teamsysdata directory.
- You can specify location of your database explicitly with the [source_dir] optional parameter. Converted data will be placed in the same directory.
- If you want to put converted data into another directory, then use both [source_dir] and [target_dir] optional parameters.
- When the data is converted and put in the <YouTrack database location> directory, start YouTrack server.