Regardless to the distribution type you use to run YouTrack, and regardless to the environment you run it in, we recommend to use the following steps each time you upgrade YouTrack to a newer version:
- Before upgrading, create the backup of your database. This step is very important, as long as if you decide to roll back to previous version, then you can only restore your previous database from the backup.
- Stop currently running YouTrack server.
- If you use JAR or WAR distribution, replace your old youtrack.jar or youtrack.war with a new build or version. Feel free to rename the new file to match the old one.
- Start YouTrack.
In rare cases, you might decide to roll back to the previous version or build of YouTrack, after an upgrade.
|YouTrack does not provide backward compatibility for database, because during an upgrade implemented changes may affect the database, and thus you can only run your previous version with the database restored from the backup file.|
To downgrade to previous build:
- Check that you have the database backup file at hand.
- Stop YouTrack server.
- Clean up your database location. It should be empty before you procede. By default, the database is located in the teamsysdata folder in the home directory of a user account, which starts YouTrack. You can change default database location, for more details please refer to the Changing Database Location page.
- Extract the backup file to your database location.
- Start the previous version/build of YouTrack.