Installing Standalone YouTrack JAR as a Service on Mac OS X
To run YouTrack as a service on Mac OS X system you will need to install and use
launchd daemon/agent manager for Mac OS X and create a
plist script for it.
To install and run YouTrack standalone JAR distribution as a service on a Mac OS X, we recommend to use the following procedure:
- Create a user to run YouTrack (e.g.
- Download Tanuki Java Service Wrapper compatible with your system.
- Unpack downloaded archive to the home directory of the created user. We also recommend to rename the wrapper's directory (e.g. 'standalone'), for usability purposes: The result wrapper's directory should have the following structure:
- Copy YouTrack standalone JAR file to the wrapper's directory:
- Create a soft link to the JAR file:
- Create a
launchdsystem startup script as '
youtrack.plist' and put it in the
- Replace an existing wrapper's configuration file
~youtrack/standalone/conf/wrapper.confwith the following configuration file:
- Run your newly created wrapper to test the installation.
- YouTrack has started successfully
youtrack.pid' pid file has appeared in the
wrapper.log' log file has appeared in the
- Add the new startup script to the system startup scripts sequence.