LDAP integration lets you use user credentials stored in your directory service to log into YouTrack. Please note, that LDAP integration does not download all users from LDAP after setup. A new YouTrack user account is created for a user upon the first login to YouTrack.
To enable LDAP integration:
- In the LDAP Integration tab, click Enable LDAP Integration.
- Enter the URL of your LDAP server.
- To make sure that the connection with your LDAP server works:
- Click Test connection.
- In the Test LDAP Login dialog box, enter a pair of user credentials stored in your directory service:
- domain\username in the Login field.
- password in the Password field.
- Click Test Login.
- If an error message if displayed, check your user credentials and/or server URL.
- Click Done to close the Test LDAP Login dialog box.
- To open Advanced options click an arrow to expand advanced options pane.
- If needed specify transformation pattern, which will be applied to a trimmed login name (login name with removed prefix before slash; for example, smith as a trimmed user login name for WORKGROUP/smith full user name) entered by a user. User-entered login name can be referenced as $login$. By default, no transformation is applied. Transformation pattern sample: UID=$login$,DC=example,DC=com.
- If needed, specify pattern for search query searching a user by a specific login name. By default, the following pattern is used: (aAMAccountName=$login$).
Please note that parentheses are necessary in Query pattern: enter (uid=$login$) instead of uid=$login$ .
Here is an example of configuration settings for LDAP integration: