|Before you begin:|
This document covers importing issues from a FogBugz instance to YouTrack server using the Python Client Library.
To import issues from a FogBugz server to YouTrack:
- Download the latest version of YouTrack's Python Client Library and unzip it.
- Ensure that Python is installed in your system.
- In the mapping file, specify names of the FogBugz projects to be imported in YouTrack as follows:
You can either specify the comma-separated list of projects to be imported in the default defaultFBugz.py mapping file or create a new mapping file. The new mapping file should be created in the <library install directory>\python\fbugz directory.
- FogBugz allows its users to create new categories for issues. If you have defined any categories in your FogBugz instance, then to import issues successfully you have to correct the default mapping file (or created new one (see the previous step of this procedure)) to set the correspondence between categories in FogBugz and YouTrack issue's attributes.
- If you have created a new mapping file, you should specify a path to it in the fb2youtrack.py script file. In this case, don't forget to comment out the default defaultFBugz.py mapping file.
- Execute the following command:
The following command-line parameters should be provided:
Parameter Description target_url An URL to a target YouTrack server you want to import issues to. target_login Username to log into the target YouTrack server. target_password Password to log in to the target YouTrack server. source_url An URL to a source FogBugz server, from which you want to import issues. source_login Username to log in to a source FogBugz server. source_password Password to log in to the source FogBugz server. max_issue_id This parameter defines the maximum issue id to import. In FogBugz issues are sequentially numbered through all projects, that is, for example, issue-1 belongs to project-1, issue-2 – to project-2, and issue-3 — to project-1. By defining max_issue_id you specify the range of issue IDs in FogBugz, which will be searched for issues belonging to specific projects (specified in the mapping file), and then imported to YouTrack.