Before you start creating or editing workflows, you should download and install and configure YouTrack Workflow Editor.
Assuming that you have already customized your YouTrack instance and installed and configured Workflow Editor, a basic process of creating and attaching a workflow is as follows:
- Open Workflow Editor
- Click button to download available workflows and custom field schema from your YouTrack server.
- When all available data is downloaded, you can do either of the following:
- edit existing workflow rules
- create a new workflow and rules for it
Please refer to Default Workflows page for detailed rule samples.
- When you're done editing workflows, click the button to upload changes to your server.
- Navigate to YouTrack server and open Administration > Workflow section to check now available workflows.
Now you should attach a workflow to a needed project.