- To run YouTrack Standalone via JAR distribution file, you need to have Java JDK 1.5 and higher.
- YouTrack requires at least 512Mb of JVM heap memory. You can set the size of heap memory via -Xmx parameter when starting youtrack-xx.jar from the command line.
Otherwise, set the system default JVM heap size. As the YouTrack database grows you should increase the JVM memory size.
- In order to open graphic attachments and render image thumbnails correctly, it is required to use Java in Headless Mode. To enable Java Headless Mode, you can use -Djava.awt.headless=true parameter in the command line, when starting YouTrack, or set java.awt.headless system property. For more information about Java Headless Mode please refer to the Using Headless Mode in the Java SE Platform article on Java official web-site.
Considering the above mentioned requirements, you can run YouTrack with the following command:
As long as YouTrack Standalone JAR distribution bundles Jetty 6.1.x Servlet container, the task of connecting YouTrack with Nginx web server narrows to specifying a location of YouTrack instance in the Nginx configuration.
- Locate nginx.conf file. By default, it's located in <nginx install> directory, e.g. usr/pkg/nginx
- In the nginx.cong add a new location block for your server, e.g.:
Please note, that you should specify <youtrack port> when you start youtrack-xx.jar in the command line.
- Run YouTrack instance:
- Start Nginx server
For more information about Nginx server configuration please refer to its documentation.
For more details about Jetty servlet container please refer to its official site.