|Type||free for TeamCity Professional and TeamCity Enterprise servers users, closed-source|
Adds the ability to run tests using Microsoft VSTest.Console.
(since TeamCity 8.0)
- supports VSTest 2012 and 2013
- supports auto-detection of Visual Studio installations as well as manual settings
- automatically imports test results into TeamCity
(since TeamCity 9.0)
- supports real time tests reporting (through custom test logger)
(since TeamCity 9.1 EAP1)
- supports VSTest 2015 (14.0)
- Download compatible version (regularly updated with each TeamCity release). It is recommended to re-download and update the plugin with each TeamCity upgrade.
- Follow plugin installation instructions
VSTest.Console supports custom loggers, i.e. libraries that can handle events that are occurring when tests are being executed. For TeamCity 9.0.x there exists a custom logger that provides real time test reporting.
Logger must be installed manually on agent machine, as it requires dlls to be copied in Extensions folder of VSTest.Console. Installation of custom logger does not require agent restart.
- Download the custom logger
- Extract the contents of the downloaded archive on the agent machine:
- for VisualStudio 2013 - to PROGRAM_FILES\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE\CommonExtensions\Microsoft\TestWindow\Extensions
- for VisualStudio 2012 - to PROGRAM_FILES\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\Common7\IDE\CommonExtensions\Microsoft\TestWindow\Extensions
- Check that the custom logger was installed correctly by executing vstest.console.exe /ListLoggers in the console on agent machine. If the logger was installed correctly, you will see the logger with FriendlyName TeamCity listed:
- To enable real time test reporting, go to VSTest.Console step in your build configuration and enable Use real-time test reporting option
|TeamCity Version||Build Number||Plugin Archive||TeamCity Logger|
The plugin is compatible with TeamCity 8.1 and newer
The plugin is experimental and basically works. Most likely it will be merged with MSTest runner in the future versions of TeamCity.
Original issue in the tracker.