TeamCity provides a wealth of information within easy reach. Please check the following tips before you contact us with a question/suggestion about TeamCity:
1. Check if the answer is already available
- search our online documentation, check Common Problems and Known Issues
- search our public issue tracker
- search our community forum
2. Choose the right place to ask
- a technical question => community forum
- a license/purchase question => JetBrains sales department
- a bug or a feature request => public issue tracker
- a licensed user and not a public question => contact development team via email
3. Provide all necessary details
- check Reporting Issues
- include your TeamCity version
- include detailed exact error messages, logs, screenshots, related postings, etc.
Thank you for providing feedback on TeamCity!
This section details our support services, contact information, and best practices for contacting JetBrains for TeamCity support and sending your feedback on the product. Follow these guidelines to ensure quick response and issue resolution.
Before you contact us, please:
- review Common Problems and Known Issues;
- look through Reporting Issues;
- use the search in the documentation, forums and the issue tracker to check if the issue is a known one and ensure you are not creating duplicate entries;
- make sure you use a recent TeamCity version. Generally, we do not provide regular support for non-current major versions / more than a year-old versions.
- Check the TeamCity documentation.
- Search through the community forum and ask your question if nothing relevant is found. Note that you need to be logged in to start a new discussion.
Check if it is already filed and if not, create an issue in the TeamCity Public Issue Tracker (you need to be logged in to create issues).
Please make the issue publicly visible (you can attach files or add comments visible only to teamcity-developers if you do not want some details to be publicly available).
If you create a feature request, please describe why you need the feature and what your original goal is. Suggestions as to how you would like to see the feature are welcome too, of course.
For license-related (including prolongation of evaluation licenses) and purchase-related questions, please review the Licensing Policy section and contact our sales department if required.
For technical questions, please use one of the above-mentioned ways. Enterprise license holders with active maintenance period can also contact the development team via email if necessary (see below).
If you own a TeamCity Enterprise license with not elapsed maintenance period and need the error report not to be publicly available, you can contact us via email or an online support form.
We would still prefer if you could post your question in the forums as this way other users can share their experience and also benefit from the answers. If for some reason we delay in responding to a question in the forum, feel free to ping us via email noting the forum post you have created.
We prefer to keep our support efforts as close to the development team as possible, that is why there is the actual feature developer behind responses to your questions. We do not provide regular phone support as technical issues are often better resolved over email where you can send logs, screenshots, etc.
We are pleased to offer technical support services in the English language during the business hours of 11:00 - 19:00 CET/CEST (Germany, GMT+1/GMT+2 timezone).
Our usual response time is 24 hours excluding public holidays in Germany/Bavaria and/or Russian Federation. If you experience an urgent issue, please indicate this in the subject of the email message. If you do not receive a reply within 48 hours, please check your spam filter and feel free to repeat the message referencing the previous one.
As an temporary experiment, we have a direct access phone line which you can reach via +49 89 255-596-587 (usual times are 11:00 - 19:00 CET/CEST (Germany, GMT+1/GMT+2 timezone)). While we do not guarantee there will be somebody to answer at all times, chances you will get an answer are pretty high. Please send us detailed email message with the issue description prior to calling.
Please note that our support is restricted to TeamCity-specific issues and does not cover issues related to third-party TeamCity plugins, inappropriate environment configuration for a server application, etc.
We encourage making your posting publicly available so that other users can both comment based on their experience and benefit from the answers.
All JetBrains community forum data is public.
JetBrains issue tracker issue details are public too.
If you need to share data with us that is not meant to be publicly available, you can use the following ways:
- post a comment or attachment to the issue in the JetBrains issue tracker;
- send data in an email to the firstname.lastname@example.org email address;
- for data volumes exceeding 10 Mb, upload them to our FTP without public read access.
All data received with a note on its non-public nature is used only for the related issue investigation and is discarded afterwards.