The TeamCity add-in for Microsoft Visual Studio provides the following features:
- Remote Run for TFS, Subversion and Perforce (for remote run for Mercurial and Git see Branch Remote Run Trigger),
- Pre-Tested (Delayed) Commit for TFS, Subversion and Perforce,
- fetching JetBrains dotCover coverage analysis data from TeamCity server (see more) to MS Visual Studio (requires dotCover of supported version installed in Visual Studio),
- viewing recently committed changes and personal builds with their build status in MyChanges tool window,
- opening build failure details in MS Visual Studio from the TeamCity web UI,
- viewing failed tests' details for a build,
- re-runing tests failed in the TeamCity build locally via ReSharper test runner (requires ReSharper 5.0 installed),
- navigation from IDE to build results web page,
- re-applying changes sent in Remote Run or Pre-tested commit to the working directory.
For detailed instructions on how to use the add-in, refer to the TeamCity Help section, embedded in Microsoft Visual Studio's Help System.
|To enable navigation to the failed tests in MS Visual Studio by using "open in IDE" actions in the web UI, make sure that .pdb file generation for the assemblies involved in NUnit/MSTest unit tests is switched on in current Visual Studio project.|
TeamCity VS add-in version should correspond to the version of the TeamCity server it connects to. Connections to TeamCity servers with different versions are generally not supported.
Download the add-in available in the TeamCity Tools section of the My Settings&Tools page (to open the page click the arrow next to your username in the top right corner of the TeamCity web UI and select My Settings&Tools) and follow the installation wizard.
Please, close all running instances of Visual Studio before starting add-in installation (initial or upgrade).
Please see Supported Platforms and Environments page for the system requirements for integrations with different version control systems or coverage tools.